Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October Something or Other, 2009

I know it is Tuesday.  I know I have about a zillion things to do.  My daughter suggested I start a blog journey as a way to let my friends, customers and co-bloggers know me.  I'm afraid by doing so I might learn something about myself that I don't really want to know.  Sometimes I wonder if that is why I let myself be led through each day by the seat of my pants.  You know, when there is so much to do that you know you will never get it all done.  When one list isn't enough, because if there was only one list not only would it be as long as Santa's list of children's names, it would encompass too many unrelated tasks.  There needs to be a list of household chores, a list of outside chores, a list of eBay things to do, a list of Etsy things to do, a list of activities for the kids, etc.

It is 9:30 am.  What I have done so far today is checked and answered all emails from eBay or Etsy customers, package 10 shipments for eBay (got another 15 to go), got the twins up, dressed and dropped them off at Headstart, got Trinity up, dressed and dropped off at Kindergarten, checked and answered all emails from eBay or Etsy customers again, and started blogging.  Now I realize that I am hungry.  I'll finish up this blog, grab some breakfast (a bowl of Wheat Chex), work on eBay shipping, list some McCall's patterns on eBay, catch up on Blogging (forgot to post a craft tip yesterday, way behind on Accidentily Green blog, don't remember what Thursday blog is supposed to be about, etc), and then I'll start my list of stuff to do today.

The real stuff.  Like see if the drain cleaner I dumped in the kitchen sink cleared the drain so I can do the dishes that have been pile up for 2 days...with 10 people living in the house, that's a lot of dishes.  At least I know what is for dinner tonight and I believe I grabbed all the ingredients yesterday when I went to the store for the drain cleaner.  I'm making potato soup.  Got the recipe on line by searching Black Angus Potato Soup.  Really good recipe.  And since my hands are freezing right now, I think I'll go ahead and pop the potatos in the oven this morning which will make the kitchen warm and cozy while I eat my breakfast.  Catchya later.

1 comment: